Your verification ID is: guDlT7MCuIOFFHSbB3jPFN5QLaQ Big Computing: R Users Group in Connectict (#rstats)

Thursday, September 15, 2011

R Users Group in Connectict (#rstats)

I am not sure if I am tired of driving to the R User meetups in NYC and Boston or if I want to prove that we can have a great RUG in Connecticut, but I went ahead and formed a group. I set it up on Meetup this morning. I have not set a date, topic or location yet, but as soon as we get enough people I will get that done as well.

Connecticut has a long history with the R language. We formed Revolution Computing ( now Revolution Analytics) in New Haven, and many of the people in New Haven who helped us get off the ground were avid R users and contributors long before that. In fact our first customer were also Connecticut based.

Please join up, and I look forward to seeing you at our first meeting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment