Your verification ID is: guDlT7MCuIOFFHSbB3jPFN5QLaQ Big Computing: UseR T-shirt design contest

Friday, May 27, 2011

UseR T-shirt design contest

It seems only right that a software platform with thousands of packages should have a substatial wardrobe to go along with it. In a continuing effort to increase the number of clothing items related to the R language the 2011 UseR organizing committee along with Mango Solutions have released a T-shirt design competition.

I am not sure when the R themed clothing started, but we did a couple of T-shirts back at Revolution Computing. They mostly featured fractals and the R logo, but they were black and therefore cool.

The first really great R shirt I ever saw was from Drew Conway and the NYC Data Mafia. I think it still may be the best out there.

REvolution Analytics recently came up with the I Love R T-shirt (I can not find an Image). I first saw them at the R/Finance meeting in Chicago. Their 70s retro look seemed to be very popular. In fact, a recent twitter contest attracted over a thousand crazed statisticians in pursuit of five T-shirts.

Always trying to copy a good idea I came up with a design of my own and a twitter contest as well. Sadly, while Revolution added followers my social media effort actually resulted in a reduction in followers. See my failed design below.

Never one to give up after crashing into the ground in a ball of flames, I have decided to enter the fray once again with me new R package and T-shirt design. I call it R-apture. R-apture is a twitter data mining package that scans for posts that would eliminate the sender from being called to Heaven and then sends a comment back to that tweeter that they are screwed. The T-shirt design is simple with the words " I am getting R-aptured on  May 21 October 21"( the R is an R-project R and the T is in the shape of a cross). I am sure this one will work better then the last.

9 comments:

  1. Hey- fantastic blog, simply looking around some sites, appears a really nice blog platform you are using.

    Tshirt Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ll see that designing your own shirts is probably one of the top 25 coolest things to do – ever. Seriously. No kidding. So what are you waiting for? Just click thru this hyperlink that says
    "online t-shirt design maker" (yeah, that link right there) and get your design
    on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog or and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas
    of the future as this is really what I was looking for, I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    strike force heroes| slitherio | earn to die
    earn to die 5| good game empire |tank trouble 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really super post. Must admit that you are amid the best writer I have read. I appreciate your making the effort to discuss this class of article.
    juegosfrivol.com
    juegoskizi20.com
    friv30game.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sp design house provided t shirt design contest online, online t shirt design contests, online t-shirt design companies contests and t-shirt design online contests.

    t shirt design contests online

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one.
    temple run 2 l download temple run 2 l temple run 2 game l temple run 2 download l temple run 2 app

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! thank you so much! Thank you for sharing. Your blog posts are more interesting and impressive
    geometry dash apk l geometry dash game l geometry dash l download geometry dash l geometry dash app

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think there are many people like and visit it regularly, including me.I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
    launcher l download launcher l launcher apk l launcher app l launcherapp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, this topic will be taught at data science institute in Hyderabad as a free offer as it is a per-requisite for learning more advanced concepts to learn the subject in-depth

    ReplyDelete