Your verification ID is: guDlT7MCuIOFFHSbB3jPFN5QLaQ Big Computing: The American League Wild Card Race

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The American League Wild Card Race

So the Boston Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Rays are all tied up with one game to play in the regular season. I am a big Sabermetrics fan and the timing of this event with the recent release of Moneyball the movie is ironic, but I believe in the last week I have not looked at a single stat. Instead I watch night after night riding the joyful rollercoaster of emotion. I had forgotten this part of baseball. Dan ducquette once told me to remember to enjoy the game, and this week I have. After the regular season is over and the emotion drains away I will sit down and become the mathematician that I am and try to understand what happened here and why. However, until then I will watch the Red Sox And the Rays play their last games of the season purely for the enjoyment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment