Your verification ID is: guDlT7MCuIOFFHSbB3jPFN5QLaQ Big Computing: Sifma Conference

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sifma Conference

I have spent the last two days at the Sifm Conference in New York. Most of my time was spent going to talks by Sybase partners. One of the speaker was Micheal Kane from Yale. Mike has worked with me on a number of projects and now he is off on a new venture with Casey King.  Their product basically  allows you to do R analytics from A Sybase CEP. The talk was pretty cool. Mike and Casy's talks have garnered some attention as of late. Their last talk at the R/Finance conference on the flash crash is about to be featured in a Barron's article.

Overall I was impressed with the attendace at Sifma, and I will do another more detailed post after I get hoime and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment